Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Creating a Podcast

Once upon a time, I was the host of a weekly podcast series called Metal Tonite. It came about from my strong love for talk shows, and my wanting to get into the business. It was the typical on again off again type of story. I had no conviction and I kept dragging other people into something I was passionate about. I technically haven't shelved the show, and I'm really no longer producing it. Unfortunately, I think This concept will have to stay on the shelf until I can establish myself with a different concept.

This series will be about a new struggle creating a brand new podcast. The one thing I have going for me is that I still have all of my recording equipment, so I won't need to shell out for any of that. I impressed an old co-worker when I brought all my gear in to work one day so I could interview him. Hmmm.... Lets see if I can give a good list of what gear I have.

In no certain order:
1x Mackie Onyx 2 port pre amp
1x Yamaha Sound Mixer with 8 sound ports
3x Sennheiser Microphones Non phantom
1x AKG Microphone Phantom powered
1x AKG Recording Headphones
1x 20 inch G5 Imac
2x Boom Microphone Stands
1x M-Audio KeyRig 49 USB Midi + Keyboard for mac with pedal

I have a couple other pieces, but those are more for playing in a band more than using for a podcast.

I've already come up with a great idea for my new concept, but I'll get more into the complete concept on a later date. I'm going to try my hand at a staged setting that will be fairly comparable to a radio host I've listened to since I was a kid, Phil Hendrie. He is a character actor that has been on the radio as long as I've known. I'm planning on doing an interview style talk show where I play all the characters, unless I can find a friend or two that is willing to do one for me. I don't plan on doing the show live so the whole timing issue shouldn't be a problem.

Well, that seems to be enough for this post. Next time, I'll give some more info on the planning process. Maybe some character design, but at least more on coming up with the concept of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment